The mandate of the Public Participation Task Team is to coordinate the implementation of the following programmes of the Gauteng Speakers Forum, to deepen and entrench democracy in Gauteng Province through effective participation and representation. An objective is to develop and implement a Gauteng Sector Public Participation Model and to develop and implement a Gauteng Sector Petitions Model.
A sector assessment of public participation and petitions efforts to set a baseline for performance
– To develop and implement a public participation model and to:
– Integrate it with ward committee structures; and
– Integrate it with current idp and budget participatory processes.
Implement common norms and standards and build capacity for public education and outreach
Implement a common petitions model together with:
– A petitions procedure manuial;
– A pre-petitions complaints procedure;
– A central repositary for petitions activity linked to the mandates of petitions committees; and
– A protocol- driven referral system to eliminate duplications and/or gaps in petitions received, be it at local, provincial, district or presidential hotline level