The Objectives of the Speakers Forum are to:
– Develop a common understanding from shared experience from which a legislative sector evolves;
– Co-ordinate work in areas of common interest;
– Manage and develop provincial sector wide programs informed by the POA.
– Help with capacity building programs for local councils through the offices of speakers.
The Strategic Objectives of the Gauteng Speakers Forum (GSF) are the following
– Improved effective mechanisms of fostering Co-operative Governance.
– Improved cooperation and collaboration within the Legislative Sector.
– Increased implementation of the sector wide approach through implementation in the National and Provincial Speakers Forum.
The Measurable objectives of the Gauteng Speakers Forum (GSF) are:
– Increased functionality of the Gauteng Speakers Forum
– Increased institutional support to Municipal Council legislatures
– Increased value add and contributions of the Gauteng Legislative Sector