* A sector assessment of law making efforts to set a baseline for performance
* To improve and sustain the ability to devise legislation, enact legislation and monitor the effectiveness of legislation in the gauteng legislative sector by:
– Developing courses to improve drafting skills;
– Developing capacity to identify and evaluate the potential need for law making;
– Capacitating councillors in the submission and presentation of law making-related issues; and
– Developing capacity for local legislatures to evaluate the effectiveness of existing legislation.