The mandate of the Task Team on Leadership and Governance is to coordinate and implement the following programmes of the Gauteng Speakers Forum: To deepen and entrench democracy and accountability through establishment of effective legislative processes in Gauteng Province, Design institutional arrangements for effective legislative arms of Councils
* Roll out the experience gained from the “separation of powers” framework adopted and piloted by coj
* Convene a conference on “local government and accountability” to:
– Receive inputs on legislative impediments to the separation of powers;
– Receive inputs on proposed legislative changes to facilitate separation of powers
* Develop a position paper on “oversight and accountability in local legislatures” for discussion and adoption by municipal councils.
* Develop a roles and responsibilities matrix for gst processes including:
– The interface with salga;
– The interface with the provincial executive;
– The interface with traditional leadership;
– The interface with national entities; and
– The interface with district forums.